Thank you for your interest in becoming an American Heart Association Instructor. AHA prides itself in being the original leader in offering detailed organized training based on the latest scientific evidence. >>>Action CPR is an authorized American Heart Association Training Center offering community courses and BLS/Heartsaver First Aid Instructor training. We offer the highest quality of training and strictly follow AHA guidelines and use of training materials as outlined by AHA. Use of these materials in courses does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Fees charged for the instructor course or other courses are not revenue generated for the Association.
2015 AHA materials are ready for purchase. Our next Instructor course:
Please contact us with any questions or to register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Have a current AHA BLS Provider course completion card which must be brought to the Instructor Course. Complete the 2015 BLS Instructor Essentials Course before the classroom portion of Instructor training. Print out the certificate which must be brought to the Instructor Course. (www.onlineaha.org) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Successfully complete the Instructor Course. (6/5/17)
- Be monitored by Training Center Faculty, successfully teaching your first class at your facility, within 60 days. Additional monitoring may be required if the Instructor Candidate needs remediation. New Instructors initially are allowed to teach a maximum of six students per class, but eventually can increase to nine.
The cost of the BLS/Heartsaver CPR/AED First Aid Instructor course is $350. Payment must be made no later than one week before the course and is limited to nine Candidates. The class is filled on a first come first paid basis. The fee includes the initial annual alignment fee. Thereafter its $50 per year to remain aligned with Action CPR.
The following material must be purchased from one of the three AHA approved distributors prior to the course. Each distributor charges the same but may offer different shipping rates. The distributors are:
Channing Bete Company aha.channing-bete.com 1-800-611-6083
Laerdal Medical Corporation laerdal.com 1-888-562-4242
Worldpoint ECC, INC eworldpoint.com 1-888-322-8350
BLS for HEALTHCARE PROVIDER INSTRUCTOR COURSE MATERIALS
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Package $110.00 Code: 15-1012
HEARTSAVER FIRST AID CPR INSTRUCTOR COURSE MATERIALS
(only needed if the Instructor plans to teach these classes)
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual $54.00 Code: 15-1023
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED DVD Set $165.00 Code: 15-1019
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE DAYS OF THE INSTRUCTOR COURSE
The following supplies are available from but don’t have to be purchased from AHA distributors.
- Adult Manikin
- Infant Manikin
- AED Trainer
- Pocket Mask
- Adult/Infant Bag Valve Masks
SUPPLIES NEEDED WHEN INSTRUCTOR TEACHES THEIR OWN CLASS
- Minimum of 3 Adult manikins (a 1:1 student to manikin ratio is recommended for time efficiency but 3:1 is acceptable. Class will take longer as each student has to wait for a turn to practice)
- Minimum of 3 Infant manikins (same ratio same reason)
- Pocket masks and mouthpieces (six sets)
- Adult and Infant Bag Valve Masks (three each)
- Textbooks for each student
- Course Completion Cards (purchased from Action CPR $5.00 per card)
- Space to conduct class
- Internet connection
- Cleaning Supplies
SUPPLIES NEEDED IF TEACHING FIRST AID
- Vinyl gloves
- Epi-Pen trainers
- Bandage supplies
- Instructor candidate must register and pay $350 at least one week before. Class starts at 8:30a through 5p. Candidates must be on time and attend all training.
- Candidate isn’t required to purchase Heartsaver materials unless planning to teach those classes.
- The Candidate’s certificate of completion of the BLS Instructor Essentials must be brought to class.
- Candidate must bring in the items listed under SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR DAY OF INSTRUCTOR COURSE as outlined above.
- All supplies and training materials must be purchased as listed under SUPPLIES NEEDED WHEN INSTRUCTOR TEACHES THEIR OWN CLASS in advance of being monitored within 60 days of the Instructor Course.
- A partial refund of $250.00 will be issued if the Candidate cancels with less than 5 days before class, or if they arrive at class without the BLS Instructor Essentials certificate.
- A full refund will be issued if Action CPR has to cancel the training. American Heart Association requires a minimum of 3 candidates for this class in order for it to be conducted properly.